I have been on the ground in Taiji now for a week and have witness more death than I ever care to admit. Everyday is worse than the day before and it just continues day in and day out.
The mornings here are the worst. I wake up before the sun and my hands and heart tremble with the thought of what lies ahead. We head of early and watch and wait trying to entertain ourselves with happy thoughts until the sight of the banger boats appear. Then its too the camera’s and silence. Today, again, I watch in horror as 10 banger boats drove a pod of beautiful Risso dolphins straight into the killing cove. No it does no get easier. The adrenaline kicks in and I focus on the job at hand. Document, document, document, in hopes that a tarp my slip, a dolphin may escape, anything. The sounds are the worst. The cries, the banging and then the silence. I film these beautiful dolphins just to keep their memories alive in hopes that someday this will come to an end. If there is a hell then I hope these men who do this have to spend an eternity with the souls of the dolphins that they have killed, tortured and destroyed. Today, again, the cove ran red with blood. Please call the Japanese embassy, write a letter, get involved, do what you can to let the world know that this is still going on. Like Ric O’barry said in the movie “The Cove”, “if we can’t stop this then there really is no hope”
- RT @yeampierre: #6MonthsAfterMaria Puerto Ricans Still in the Dark #OurPowerPRnyc until Justice https://t.co/Bjype7Z0f3 18 hours ago
- RT @SenateDems: As of last week, more than 120k people in Puerto Rico still don’t have electricity. Puerto Rico remains in the midst of the… 19 hours ago
- RT @HispanicFed: The scene outside @fema right now. #6MonthsAfterMaria #Power4PuertoRico https://t.co/vVhybxopAy 19 hours ago
- RT @Pwr4PuertoRico: We urge federal agencies like @FEMA, @HUDGov, @USTreasury, and @SBAGov to do more to get Puerto Rico on track help bri… 19 hours ago
- RT @OurOcean: The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. —Jacques Cousteau https://t.co/FE4IKIosvs 4 days ago
Top Posts and Pages