Monday evening and my last full day in Taiji is complete as I will have to leave tomorrow directly from Cove duties to the train station to catch my train to Osaka. Spending the night at the airport hotel for an early morning flight, first to Tokyo, then on to Dallas and finally Corpus Christi. Oh how I dread the days ahead. Survivors guilt perhaps? I just do not want to leave. Although the time spent here in Taiji has tested my resolve in every way shape and form, it has also managed to strengthen my commitment to this cause of bringing awareness of the plight of the dolphins, whether slaughtered or caught for captivity, and ultimately a desire to see an end to this cruel barbaric travesty. I dare not say a tradition because there is nothing traditional about starting your diesel power engine, turning on your GPS, communicating with 12 other boats via marine radio, and driving pods of dolphins into a cove to be slaughtered. If they really want to use this reasoning then go back to the traditional way of the hunt, but don’t think for a second your argument holds any water these days. I have seen things that I prepared myself to see and have seen things that completely caught me off guard. I have served with a group of volunteers that simply put are amazing and have enjoyed the company of each and everyone of them. It is true what they say, you come over here as strangers and you leave with life long friends. Granted most of the wonderful people I will never see again but we all take with us the memories and the will to make a change for the better. I am so sad to have to say goodbye, as we did today to Andy. Tomorrow is my turn to take that four hour long train ride and reflect on my time spent at The Cove. As all days I pray that tomorrow is another slaughter free day, but if it is to be another tragic day at the cove I intend on doing my job up until the moment I leave, document, document, document. I will not stop until the slaughter stops. For this is my mission now and I feel more empowered than ever. I have already started making plans to return next fall. Today the cove did not run red with blood and in my book that makes it a great day!
- Ouch! Do you see this @SenTedCruz @JohnCornyn ? Go back to drawing board & start again. This time try negotiating w… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- RT @ALT_uscis: North Korea Compares Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler - Hey @realDonaldTrump, even scumbags think you are a scumbag https://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @WestWingReport: Amazing: Chicago Cubs finally won the World Series. Also amazing: President barring even Chicago press from tomorrow'… 1 day ago
- RT @KeithOlbermann: You are all ENABLING THIS. Get up and WALK THE FUCK OUT. twitter.com/acosta/status/… 1 day ago
- RT @GlennThrush: I truly suggest u take Politico's chair in the briefing room tomorrow and do precisely that if you feel that strongly http… 1 day ago
Top Posts and Pages